Why Shop Local
Let us count some of the reasons for you! When you shop locally, you…
- Reinvest in your own backyard. Research proves that when you buy from an independent, locally-owned business, more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses and service providers – it’s a great way to strengthen the local economy.
- Support small business employment. Small, local businesses are the largest employer locally and nationally – and provide most jobs to residents.
- Benefit from our expertise. We hire folks with a better understanding of the products we sell and the services we offer. We’re professional, and we’re personal.
- Invest in entrepreneurship. And invest in our community. Small, local businesses are owned by people who actually live here and are invested in the future of the community.
- Help make the community unique, and a destination. Where we eat, shop, and recreate makes our community a home. And small businesses are an important part of the character of our community.
- Further support the community by supporting local non-profits. On average, small business owners provide 250% more support to non-profits that large businesses.
- Reinvest your taxes. When you spend locally, your sales taxes are reinvested where they belong – in your community!
- Finally, when you shop locally, you help ensure the future of the community.