The Beginning Running Class and Distance Training Program are designed and implemented by our very own Coach Mary Davison. Mary is a Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) certified Running Coach and American College of Sports Medicine certified Exercise Physiologist. She’s helped hundreds of runners over the past 2 decades, and worked with all abilities, from beginners to sub-3-hour marathoners. You can reach Coach Mary at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning Running Class
Our next Beginning Running Class will take place from Monday, October 3rd - Wednesday, December 14th.
Always wanted to run, but unsure or confused about how to get started? Returning to running after a long hiatus due to an injury, a family event, or life changes? Maybe it’s just finally time to pursue that goal that was shelved for a long time. This program is an ideal bridge to ease into running from walking. This 10-week program begins with walk/run workouts and builds to running an entire 5K event of your choice.
- Initial phone consult to discuss current fitness level, running history, and goals.
- Detailed training schedule, tailored to individual ability, level, and goals.
- Twice-weekly group coached workouts, beginning as walk/run workouts that graduate to running an entire 5K.
- A “The Running Store” Training Program T-shirt.
- Educational materials on running-related topics, such as nutrition, hydration, injury prevention, core strength, and more.
This 10-week session will meet on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5:00-6:00pm in Bristow. Please note, there will not be class on 10/31, 11/7, and 11/9. The class was extended to make up for those dates.
Registration fee is $160.
Distance Training Program
Our next session is from Saturday, July 9th - Saturday, November 12th.
Training for your first 10K, 10 miler, half or full marathon? Looking to set a personal best or qualify for Boston? Completing any endurance event or pursuing a personal best is a challenging and rewarding experience, and training with the guidance and support of an experienced coach will help ensure that you reach and/or exceed your goal!
- Initial phone consult to discuss fitness level, running history, and goal(s).
- Detailed, personalized training schedule specific to ability level and goals. The schedule is modified based upon individual progress.
- Twice-weekly group workouts that include interval, tempo, easy aerobic or hill training.
- Educational materials on running related topics such as nutrition, hydration, injury prevention, core strength and much more!
The 18 week session meets Monday evenings at 6:30pm in Bristow and Saturday mornings at 7:00am at various courses in the Gainesville, Bristow, Haymarket, and Manassas areas, with occasional field trips to run the W&OD or the C&O Canal Trails.
Registration fee is $295.00.
Our adult training programs are conducted by some of the finest coaching talent in the Northern Virginia area.
Our Youth Spring Cross County Program provides opportunities to learn about the basics of long distance running.
TRS Running Club is a welcoming, informal and motivated group of road and trail enthusiasts of all ages and abilities.
The Running Store is an independent, locally owned running and walking specialty store. When you shop local, as opposed to a chain or online, you make a difference not only in our local economy, but in our community as well!